I think my kids miss their Saturday Daddy.
Two weeks ago, there was one wedding.
Then last week, there were two weddings.
This weekend, there was one more wedding.
And with weddings come Friday night rehearsals and Saturday night receptions.
I’m glad all these people are entering the most holy state of matrimony, but I definitely understood the song Nicholas was making up in the back seat of the car today on our way to Heritage Days without Daddy…
Dum, dum, dum,
Dumb old weddings.
I’m so tired of everyone getting married.
No one else can get married.
I miss my daddy.
Today is the tenth anniversary of our losing our first little baby, Mary Elizabeth. It’s good to know we have a little saint in heaven, interceding for us.
We used to have family meetings, and the kids missed it a lot. Tonight we had the first family meeting in a long time.
New Business included:
* This week’s schedule
* Can the children have a glass of wine? (Answer: No)
* Changes to the morning routine
* Can we plant more flowers this spring? (Discussion tabled)
* Michael wants to help pack his school lunches
* Michael is worried because the occupational therapist “gets angry” when he isn’t at school by 8:30 for OT on Thursdays. (Note, school doesn’t actually start til 8:45. DH is going in early with Michael on Thursday to find out what the heck is going on. Or maybe I will. Bwahahaha!
* Chores and allowance
* Computer usage negotiation
* Can we go ice skating? (Answer: Sadly, no. There is no ice skating rink near us)
* Library routine Read more...