First off, let me say that I have crazy mad love for Melisa of Waldorf Essentials. I’ve “known” her in the internet sense for years. Her yahoogroup, Homeschooling Waldorf, is just wonderful and feels a lot like a bunch of mamas sitting around a big cozy table drinking tea and eating homemade muffins. I remember when she wrote her first book. I was so excited to read it! And her business ethic is amazing– her prices are so reasonable and her curriculum is just so doable. And she just gives away so much— her time on the egroup, her podcasts, her wonderful blog. She’s pretty amazing.
When she developed Thinking, Feeling, Willing, I was intrigued. When I found myself with some Christmas money, I decided to join. It has definitely been worth it.
For only $150 you can enter into a year-long “foundation program” that will ground you in the basics of Waldorf/Steiner homeschooling. And it is geared towards homeschooling families, which is wonderful. Now $150 seems like a lot of money. I know it is for me. But for your $150 you get:
- 12 month mom lessons dealing with topics like rhythms and routines, inner work, temperaments, 7-year cycles, main lessons, handwork, and more. You can read more about the lessons here.
- Several “intensives” including form drawing and planning, with more in the works.
- Several handwork projects for each month.
- Several of Melisa’s publications are included in PDF form, including the book 108 Days, Before the Journey, and the Waldorf Homeschool Planner.
- The ability to add on a curriculum package for only $20
- A year’s worth of phone consultation for FREE.
I recently took advantage of the phone consult, and let me tell you, it was like talking to an old friend! Let’s be honest– sometimes this way we’ve chosen of doing things gets us funny looks, resistance, and not a lot of understanding. So to spend an hour speaking with someone who honestly understood was absolutely amazing. Even if you can’t swing the $150 right now, phone consults are a bargain at $25 an hour. And it’s amazing what you can fit into an hour!
I would highly recommend Melisa’s Thinking, Willing, Feeling program or any of her materials. Be sure to check her out!
These are my own opinions. I was in no way compensated for them. I’m just a big fan and wanted to share my experience! See you tomorrow for Waldorf Wednesday!