Pretending to sled with Winter Seasons of Joy
20 seems momentous. Yay us!
I am stealing time. I should be leading circle or cleaning a kitchen or teaching a main lesson. But I was naughty and didn’t do this last night, so I am grabbing a few moments to do it now. And instead of Doing School, Nicholas is reading and Daniel is “writing a song” and Matthew and Molly is playing piano. Katie Grace is trying to get our ancient computer to kick into gear and Michael, who isn’t feeling well, is upstairs in bed reading Les Miserables. So maybe we’re Doing School after all.
For me, that’s a big lesson in homeschooling—it all counts. There’s something inside of us that wants to neatly compartmentalize our day into school and work and play. But in reality, learning isn’t so easy to separate out from the rest of life.
It’s like that with mothering as well, I think. Much as I’d like to believe there are throwaway moments where my words and actions don’t matter so much, my children don’t so easily separate the good from the bad.
It all counts.
So, I best keep this short. What have you been doing to make things count this week?
Here’s a Waldorf Wednesday badge you can add to your page:
We’re at Waldorf Wednesday Number 20!! What milestones have you hit this week?
1. Please enter your direct link in the Linky tool below. If you don’t have a blog but still have something to share, please add it to the comments.
2. Linking back is deeply appreciated but not necessary.
3. Feel free to link to more than one post. You have all week!
4. Be sure to come back and read others’ links.
5. Check back next week to link up again! Don’t forget to click the “like” button if there’s a post that speaks to your heart.