We’ve been here, there, and everywhere. OK, actually, we’ve been to:
1. Grove City, PA to have lunch with college friends
2. Wadsworth, OH where we stayed with college buddies for a few days. The boys visited the Football Hall of Fame and the girls (and Daniel) had a lovely tea
3. South Bend, IN, where we visited an awesome bookstore (only a homeschool mom’s husband truly appreciates a good bookstore!) and the campus of Notre Dame
4. On to Strawberry Point, IA for five days with good friends from Seminary. Daniel got to meet his godfather for the first time, and we got to visit many places, including a Laura Ingalls Wilder museum, the Effigy Mounds National Park, one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s homes, and the Dubuque Aquarium. The last day was my birthday, and it started with breakfast in bed, a bounty of homemade cards, and an “Angel of Learning” Willow Tree figure from my family. We had ice cream cake the day before.
5. Chicago, where we celebrated my birthday by visiting the Chicago Institute of Science and Industry
Ah, but it was not simply for the interactive exhibits that we came and bought a family membership. It was for the Harry Potter Exhibition.